CRAIGMORE POLLED HEREFORDS
Loading
BREEDING
PRACTICAL CATTLE
FOR PRACTICAL
FARMERS
>> VIEW OUR HERD
Home History Peat Profile Breed Objectives Reference Sires Contact Us

Farm History

John Henry Henderson first arrived at Craigmore in 1927 and had 200 acres of grass out of a total area of 500 acres. The other 300 acres was stumps and kahikatea trees. He lived in a one bedroom bach on the same site as the current homestead.

 More land was bought in later years to make the farm up to 584 hectares. 400 hectares of this is peat. The peat consisted on moss and Teatree and was first drained in the 1960s. It has continued to be developed ever since

Craigmore Hereford Stud was started by Bruce Henderson in 1970 with the purchase of 10 in calf cows from W.W. Tatham’s Lonsdale stud. Then other cows were added from Alton Lodge and Craiglea, but mostly Lonsdale bloodlines were used. Sires used in those early days were:

Lonsdale Domino 128

Dale Mischief 205

Acton General 1

 

   REFERENCE SIRES


   THE FARM

DAVID & SUE HENDERSON
PH: 07 825 2677
MOB: 021 166 1389

429 RUKUHIA ROAD, RD2, OHAUPO
CRAIGMORE.HEREFORD@GMAIL.COM

CRAIGMORE POLLED HEREFORDS © 2017


E: craigmore.hereford@gmail.com


P: 07 825 2677


» Home


» History


» Peat


» Profile


» Breed Objectives


» Reference Sires


WEBSITE BY